Library membership – rules for foreigners
To become the library member you have to be at least 13 years old (or more) and posses a valid passport.
Library membership entitles the user to access all reading rooms and the library materials (however membership arrangements at the library can differ; for instance not everyone is entitled to borrow books home).
What documents should I produce to become the library member?
- Completed and signed registration form (membership agreement),
- Residence card (if you want to borrow books home),
- Student’s credit book (if you are a student).
Who can borrow books from the library?
- People who are at least 18 years old or more and during registration produced (if they are foreigners) their passport and a valid residence card. All foreigners who produce the necessary documents will be allowed to borrow 2 volumes.
- Students studying in Poland at universities and colleges in our area (the ones mentioned on the list) can apply or borrowing rights on production of student’s credit book (stamped by the main library of your university). They are entitled to borrow 10 volumes.
Where can I register?
Registration and obtaining the library card is available only in the library building, at the Registration Desk.
Is the membership charged?
You pay only one-time fee of 6,00 PLN for the obtaining the library card.
The replacement library card 12,00 PLN.
plac Rady Europy 1, 40-021 Katowice