- How can I join the Library
- How long does it take to get the library card
- I have lost my library card. What should I do
- I have forgotten my password to my library account. Can I receive a new password via e-mail
- Can I request a book via Internet
- Do I have to collect requested items in person
- How can I renew the books I have borrowed
- Do I have to return books in person
- What happens if my loan is overdue
- How can I pay the Library fees and charges
- I have lost a borrowed book. What should I do
- How to use a reading room
- Catalogue Integro. What is it
- Does the library catalogue Integro contain information of all library collections
- I cannot log in to the Library catalogue – Integro online from home
- What does the information „This item cannot be requested / reserved. It can only be accessed on-site” mean
- I have reserved a book which is presently on loan by another user. Will it be available for me in the given deadline
- May I borrow newspapers or magazines
- Do you I have access to the Internet in the library
- May I photograph the library materials in the reading room
- What are the minimum web browsers requirements to work in Integro catalogue
1. How can I join the Library?
For the detailed information click here.
2. How long does it take to get the library card?
You will receive your library card at once after your registration and becoming a member. In the same day you can visit a reading room or borrow a book.
3. I have lost my library card. What should I do?
Please notify us about it. We can prevent unauthorised use of your card. Failure to do so will result in you being responsible for any items borrowed using your card. To get the new card you should come with your ID document to the Registration Desk. Replacement library card is double charged. For help please call +48 32 208 37 46 .
4. I have forgotten my password to my library account. Can I receive a new password via e-mail?
Yes, if you had given your e-mail address in your personal data (during the registration or later). To get a new password, click the link „Forgot your password?” and next fill in and send the form which will appear. The new password will be sent to your e-mail.
5. Can I request a book via Internet?
Yes, books can be requested in library electronic catalogue Integro from the Silesian Library website. Confirming the request is possible only during the hours: Monday–Friday 8.00–18.00.
6.Do I have to collect requested items in person?
It is not necessary. But books can be collected only after showing the library card of the person who has requested them. The owner of the library card is responsible for any use of the card as well as for any items borrowed using this card.
7. How can I renew the books I have borrowed?
- You can renew your books via telephone, number: +48 32 208 37 48,
- You can also renew them via Internet. In this case you should log in to the catalogue, then click the link with your library card number and enter your personal account, then click „Renewable items” on the left. You will see all books you have borrowed and you can renew. However, sometimes it is not possible to renew a book because someone else has requested it or it is overdue.
8. Do I have to return books in person?
It is not necessary to return books in person. They can be returned by someone else or sent to the Library by post.
9. What happens if my loan is overdue?
Fines of 1,50 PLN for every book are imposed on the 7th day after the due date of the book. Then fine rate for any book not returned by the due date is 1,50 PLN per week. You will not be allowed to borrow books until the fine is paid and the books returned.
User is informed that the borrowed book is overdue via e-mail, the information is also placed in his library account in computer catalogue.
10. How can I pay the Library fees and charges?
- Fines for the overdue items can be paid by cash at the Circulation Desk.
- Payments for fines, lost books, charges for the library services and interlibrary loans should be paid by bank transfer to the Library account: Santander Bank Polska S.A. 21 1090 1186 0000 0001 4306 5831.
11. I have lost a borrowed book. What should I do?
Please contact the Lending Library as soon as you can.
12. How to use a reading room?
Your library membership entitles you to use any reading room. You need a valid library card to enter a reading room.
13. Catalogue Integro. What is it?
Library catalogue Integro is an online database of materials held by a library. It allows browsing online data in the database, as well as to request and reserve library documents; it also informs the users of the state of their library accounts. You can get access to catalogue Integro of Silesian library via Internet or by graphic terminals in the library building (when the library is open). Integro offers various possibilities: browsing the library collection to look for needed documents according to the system’s indexes; creating searching strategies, informing of the status of requested items via e-mail and users’ self-service (renewing the borrowed materials).
14. Does the library catalogue Integro contain information of all library collections?
The library catalogue does not contain manuscripts, graphics, grey literature; it records only part of the old prints collected in the Library, cartography (maps, atlases, plans), films, sound recordings, as well as periodicals. If you are interested in one of the materials mentioned above you should first check the electronic catalogue, then traditional cards catalogues. To get complete information you can contact the Library staff directly or via e-mail.
15. I cannot log in to the Library catalogue – Integro online from home
- To log in to the library catalogue you should type in: your library card number and a password. The password cannot contain diacritical marks.
- It is important to unblock „cookies” in your Internet browser.
16. What does the information „This item cannot be requested / reserved. It can only be accessed on-site” mean?
It means that the book is in a reading room reference collection. This book cannot be requested. You can take it directly from the shelf and read in the reading room (when the library is open).
17. I have reserved a book which is presently on loan by another user. Will it be available for me in the given deadline?
When there is a reservation on a book this book cannot be renewed by the present user. However date when it is available for you to collect depends on the real date of its return by previous user. User can return a book earlier (before the due date) or later (paying the overdue fine). At the moment of return the book is no longer visible in your „reservations” (in the account), it appears in the option „requests” and is waiting there for 7 days (no matter what the reservation date was) for the confirmation of the request. If during these 7 days you do not confirm your request in your electronic account, it will become available for other users and your reservation is finished. So it is important to check your reservations and requests at least once a week via Internet. You can also get this information via e-mail if you give us your e-mail address.
18. May I borrow newspapers or magazines?
No, according to the Library regulations you can read periodicals only in-site, in a reading room.
19. Do you I have access to the Internet in the library?
Yes, you can use your own equipment in reading rooms and main hall of the library. However you cannot connect it to the Library cable network, but you can use the wireless Internet access.
20. May I photograph the library materials in the reading room?
Yes, most library materials may be photographed for the personal non-commercial use.
21. What are the minimum web browsers requirements to work in Integro catalogue?
- Chrome 66
- Opera 45
- Edge 17
- Firefox 59
- Safari 11.1
- IE 11 (but we recommend installing another browser).
Due to the safety and comfort of work with web applications, we recommend the updating of your browser to the latest version regularly.