The Silesian Collections Reading Room is closed during the epidemic!
The Reading Room provides access to:
- books and journals on Silesia, works by Silesian authors and authors connected with Silesia published in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries, publications by Silesian publishing houses (Upper Silesian up to 1922, Lower Silesian polonica up to 1945; details on the page devoted to the Silesian collection,
- digital collections and books and journals from general storerooms,
- the Silesian Studies reference library includes general (encyclopaedias, dictionaries, bibliographies, biographies, guidebooks, statistical publications) and specific (concerning geography, history, literature, ethnography, art, religion) publications,
- microfilm copies from the Silesian collections and microfilm positives from the archive documentation of the Silesian Uprisings 1919–1921 (owned by the Józef Piłsudski Institute in New York).
- documents of social life concerning Silesia, published since 1960, documenting social life and historical events (including invitations, posters, leaflets, calendars, catalogues, personal and material lists – telephone and telex directories)
The most valuable and interesting materials have been digitized and are available in the Silesian Digital Library
A collection of works and studies on Arnold Zweig’s life and work is also available on site.
Location symbol in the Integra electronic catalogue: SLP
Readers have workstations with microfilm readers and computer workstations at their disposal.
A self-service photocopier is available in the reading room for making A4 and A3 black-and-white or colour prints.
Silesian Collections Reading Room
plac Rady Europy 1, 40-021 Katowice
tel.: +48 32 208 37 22