The Special Collections Reading Room is closed until further notice!
The Reading Room provides access to:
- old prints – books and journals published up to 1800,
- handwritten collections (manuscripts and typescripts),
- Lviv Theatre Library collection (manuscripts, typescripts, prints),
- the bibliophile collection of Roman Chrząstowski – a collection of books, manuscripts, ephemeral and bibliophile prints,
- cartography (maps, plans, atlases),
- iconographic documents (graphic materials, photographs, postcards, bookplates),
- pamphlets up to 1960 (posters and other documents of social life),
- music collections (sheet music and sound recordings),
- film collections (posters, feature and documentary films),
- medals and badges (card catalogue in the reading room),
- rare book collection – particularly valuable prints published since the beginning of the 19th century and books with the authors’ autographs,
- textbook collection mainly in the field of bibliology (book history, manuscript studies) and art history, theatre studies, musicology and film studies.
Location symbols in the Integro electronic catalogue: ZS, CF, BM
Readers have stations for listening to recordings and watching films, as well as a computer station at their disposal.